Blending the love of driving with the ultimate challenge of precise navigation, the Adventure S-1 tests your skills over a day. It is not a race for speed, but a unique and demanding event based on the elements of headings, hidden checkpoints, time, and distance using maps, compass, and roadbook.
A few years ago Stuart & Simon signed up for the Santana Trophy.
The Santana Trophy is a tribute to rally raids like the Paris-Dakar or Camel Trophy.
It is an event made up of 7 stages (200Km) driving Land Rover’s, navigation, orientation, driving-ability tests and rescues are all part of the day to day of the event, all of this set in the spectacular landscapes of Morocco.
We have taken this event as an inspiration for Adventure S-1, bringing you a taste of experience and adventure.
– Any 4×4 vehicle or enduro/adventure bike
– Road Legal (Tax, MOT & insurance)
– Full tank of fuel
– Full UK driving license (for driver/rider)
– No previous experience required
– Ability to read an ordnance survey map
– Ability to use a compass
– Ability to plot a heading
Date & Time:
– Saturday 9th Oct
– Registration 9:30am
– End time 4:00pm
– Start Cotswold Airport, AV8 Cafe car park (Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 6BA. UK)
– Grid Ref: ST 9588 9636
– Latitude: 51° 40′ 1.20″ N
– Longitude: -2° 03′ 18.00″ W
– End Upavon, Wiltshire
– Total distance 80-100 miles
– £45 per vehicle
– Challenge pack included
– Registration Tea & Coffee for 2 people
– Registration bacon/sausage sandwich for 2 people
This is not a race. There is a prize for the team with the most points.